Friday, August 3, 2012

Bicycle Upgrades

Hurray! I am back to blogging and promise to put a lot more effort into it. I will be quite busy this month but after that, I have a year or so of things to catch up to! 

Today and yesterday, I did some upgrades on my bicycle (well, not really upgrades, more like much needed maintenance). While visiting Canada, I got some nice Jagwire brakes (front and back). I installed them together with new brake cables. I already replaced the back brakes some time ago and they did such a bad job with it that they are so irregularly worn out that I needed to replace them. The fronts were also running low after about 3500km of riding. My first time doing this so it took a while to get everything aligned properly and all that but they are working! 

I also bought a spoke wrench and was able to improve my wheel trueness. My wheel got quite misaligned when a lady drove (very slowly) her car into me a while back. The shop I took the bike to did a horrible job at fixing that so I'm happy I was able to improve it somewhat (now I hope the wheel won't collapse cuz I didn't do a good job at it).

Finally, I cleaned the bike, degreased/cleaned the chain, oiled everything again so it is looking and working almost like new! 

I was quite happy with my progress so decided to treat myself to some donuts and iced coffee (it is also very hot so it helped!).


No comments:

Post a Comment