Sunday, October 24, 2010

Nagoya Festival (名古屋まつり) Part 2

... continuing on ...

Then came some floats with various acrobatic and musica performances.










The famous statue that normally stands near the Nagoya Train Station and is often dressed up also showed up in special clothing.  Just the torso and head though.




Pretty kimonos.



The last part of the parade was a procession of the famous Nagoya heroes.  Each included a performance of some kind of a battle.



 Ninjas!


 These dudes were freaky!



Many old ladies doing very very slow dance.




 This guy couldn't be killed but finally was defeated by a group of ladies with sharp spears.










 The final battle was quite intense.













After the festival, I made my way to see what else is happening and there were tons of special huts selling things.  This is a goldfish shop where you catch your own fish and take it home.


I was really hungry so I was looking for something to eat.  I found this shop with a huge lineup so I stopped in.  I waited about 30 minutes at least!




The food was a kind of okonomiyaki made with noodles.  I forgot to make a post about my okonomiyaki experience with my lab members - will do that soon.  It is basically a batter and a mixture of ingredients that is slowly cooked on a metal slab.  This one included an egg as well.


I took it and ate it at home - it was tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment