Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sushi, Pokemon Transformers, and OSU

Hmm.. how to write this complicated multi-topic post while drunk on Sake?  Easy! More sake!
Well, lets start with the sake.  I finally managed to buy a sake at the store.  There are so many varieties that I had not clue what I'm getting.  I noticed they have carton versions of some of them and some are smaller (500ml or even smaller) so you can try in smaller portions.  So I got this one:
 On the back are scales to show you how sweet/dry/whatnot the sake is.  It's kinda like wine.  I'm not an expert in either so I just went for something on the sweet side.  I don't have sake cups so I'm drinking using a rice bowl (yeah!).  I need to get some of those original square wooden boxed for drinking sake.
I didn't have dinner since it was late and I'm tired.  So I just cooked some rice that I'm eating (by itself) with the sake.  Rice here is pretty good if cooked properly!  I'm just getting the hang of it.  A lot of the rice in the school cafeteria is a bit overcooked... I like it a little harder.

When I finally woke up which was rather late and did some laundry and stuff, I went near lunch time to the nearby mall.  The main goal was to get a haircut!  I read about a huge chain of haircut places (on this awesome blog that has tons of Nagoya information) that only do haircuts in 10mins for 1000yen (~$12) which is really cheap for a haircut here.  It's called QB House.  The place is awesome.  The first thing that you see is a light that indicates how busy it is - it was green when I came which means not busy.  Then you go in and buy a ticket at a machine where you insert 1000yen bill and get a ticket.  Then you wait for the next available barber - there were 3 haircutting at the time.  Each station is like an all in one enclosure with a closet to put your coat/bags, all the stuff they need for hair cutting plus a vacuum like tube that sucks your hair pieces out of your hair once they are done.  Since the person didn't speak english, I showed him how long I wanted it - he also asked if around the ears showing me and I said yes.  The haircut is quite nice - basically what I wanted, still long on the top but nice and clean around.  I'm quite happy about it.  To celebrate, I stopped at the conveyer belt sushi place for lunch:
Was quite tasty!  In the mall was also some cars being advertised and of course there was a pikachu car.  Parents with kids were lining up to take photos with a pikachu mascot by the car!


In the afternoon, I went to Sakae to try to rent some music/movies.  I didn't end up renting anything - oh well.  But I did buy a CD I wanted to buy for a while at Tower Records.  Then I went for a walk and ended up at the OSU Market like yesterday - but it was not raining.  Went to some computer stores again to check things out.  The funniest thing I found these huge manga/dvd/game stores that were concentrating on the schoolgirl genre.


When I buy my computer, I'm definitely getting the Kaspersky virus scanner.  You can't refuse it when Acchan is selling it!

No comments:

Post a Comment