Sunday, May 1, 2011

Food Update

Another exciting *cough* food update!  It is raining today so not too fun to go biking or something.

Some cafeteria foods.  The 2nd floor of the new cafeteria building (the one I usually go to) opened up for the new school year.  Here is the display congratulating the new students.

 I had some Nagoya miso katsu don (Nagoyan cuisine).

 I also had to try these dessert sticks they had but they were way too deep fried for my liking:

 Some pork and daikon don:

 My Japanese class ends at noon, so often I go with some classmates to eat after.  The new cafeteria has lines of students all the way onto the street so we go to a different one which is slightly less busy - characterized by the brown trays.  Here are some beans:

 Karaage udon - "the ultimate udon" as one of my lab members said:

 Some karaage and other meat:

 Some chicken:

 Also chicken I think:

 Some fish:

 Some meat and stuff:

Next are some restaurant foods.
One day we went for dinner to a nearby Chinese restaurant with some lab members.  I got this ramen set.  On the right is rice covered with egg with a thick sauce - quite tasty.

One day, I went for dinner to this ramen chain near my place:

 They had these huge pots: one had water, the other a bone broth, the third one for cooking the noodles:

 My bone broth ramen:

 Here is a dish from a nomikai (drinking party) we had in our lab:

 And some other dishes:

 A bento I got at the combini cuz I forgot we had a meeting and didn't have enough time to go to the cafeteria to eat so I wolved this one down quickly:

 Another day for dinner, we went to this place near the university that has these clay pot dishes.. this one was a hamburger patty in a creamy broth and veggies:

 On the weekend, I finally tried the Korean restaurant near my place and had some bibimbap - tasty:

 Another weekend day, I tried this interesting meal at this fancy restaurant with a moving crab on the side of the building.  Their typical dishes were around $60 and consisted of crabs.  So I got this much cheaper set for around $18.

 And here is my Easter breakfast! :)

 Some sushi:

 Leftover homemade polish dish (bigos) from the Easter gathering - was delicious!

 A small dish I had when I was sick at a Chinese restaurant near my place:

 And a nice bowl of tantanmen - so spicy... so tasty...

Today I was near the science museum to see if I can get tickets for the new planetarium since they sell out very quickly and had this udon for lunch at a busy udon shop nearby:

Finally, this one eyed monster that was rather delicious:

 Now, I'm just waiting for the aliens to come in their spaceships to punish me for eating their offspring... hmm or maybe that is just me remembering an episode of Futurama.  All hail the Omicronian overlords.

No comments:

Post a Comment