Sunday, May 1, 2011

Motoyama Walk

Sometimes I feel like taking a walk at lunch.  A few times, I walked to Motoyama which is a center/subway station close to the university.

First of all, these are the sakura trees near my school building about 2 weeks ago - now, they are basically just fully green:
 A tall and strange looking apartment building:
Found a Canadian flag on this building - something about language learning so maybe they teach English?  Canadian English, eh?
 Arrived in Motoyama:
 A view from an overpass - this is the same road that goes parallel (2 blocks away) to the street that I live on. In the distance you can see the Higashiyama zoo:
 The intricate details of Japanese power wirings amaze me:
 Looking back towards downtown (and my apartment):
 Here are some vending machines for cigarettes.  I don't smoke but there seems to be a large selection:
 Around this area are some smaller hills so the streets are a bit tilted:
 Found this still nicely blooming sakura tree:
 And another one:
 Looking back on the small road I was walking back to campus - look at the wires:
 Some people have amazing flowering trees in their gardens:
 There isn't much space around a Japanese house but it often has some nice trees:
 Bicycle parking near one of the campus train station exits.  The bushes had a very nice light green colour:
 Another campus road - on the left is the International Center.

No comments:

Post a Comment