Sunday, April 3, 2011

Weekly Food Update

Time for another exciting food update - since you cannot eat off sakura alone!

First, some cafeteria foods.  This was some fish and some other stuff - quite tasty.

 A very red ramen that really wasn't spicy.  Can't really get a spicy ramen from the school cafeterias.
 Balanced lunch - some curry combo:
 Fish tempura set:
 Balanced lunch of some breaded chicken, fried beef and cabbage:
 This is some cream chocolate thing I got for a snack from campus convenience store:
 A bun I bought going to school at a bakery in ikeshita (池下).  The tape at the bottom said to eat it the same day.
 Very tasty:
 Here is a bento I got at BENTOMAN near campus - some really tasty yakitori:
 One day, I went to dinner with a lab member to this tempura place near campus:

 Here is the menu:

 I got some tasty saltwater eel (anago) tempura don with an addition of a tempura leaf :P
 I wanted a snack and I got these strawberry mushrooms?!!  The name kinokonoyama (きのこの山) means mushroom mountain:
 Got this morning shot coffee... hmm lets just say because some idol group advertised it on the train...
Here is some cheese/whipped cream dessert I bought on campus:
At this supermarket in ikeshita (not too far from me) was this large selection of teas in teabags - I got the assam one - delicious:

  This was rather tasty from the Chinese restaurant where I like the tan-tan-men soup.  This was some eggplant with minced beef in a tasty sauce:
Last Sunday, I scouted out the restaurants in Imaike to find something to eat.  Finally, I decided on this Chinese one:
 And had some tasty and really spicy tan-tan-men.  The waitress was really really cute - I might be back...
 On Friday, I got home for dinner so I went out looking for something to eat.  About three blocks from my apartment, I found this corner takeout store where these three old Japanese ladies (お婆ちゃん) were making okonomiyaki - naturally I can't resist Japanese お婆ちゃん so I bought some:

 And got some imagawaki as a dessert:
Finally... today for lunch I had this don at a popular fast food restaurant chain in Imaike:
 For dinner, I went for sushi since I haven't had it in a while!
Some tuna:
 .. and more tuna?
 seared tuna?
 mackerel:
 And some of those tiny transparent fishies with tiny black eyes:

No comments:

Post a Comment