Monday, January 17, 2011

Snow!

So I finally experienced my first snow in Japan!  It snowed the whole day and some and it was quite a lot for Nagoya standards - around 10cm maybe.

How it looked like on Sunday morning:




And Sunday afternoon:


Sadly the sidewalks in the city were not really cleaned - I guess there is no need for that if it is that rare.




The next day was a high of around 6C so most of the snow melted.

The students definitely enjoyed that - here are the remains of a snowman.

Also, based on extensive research (i.e., a few random samplings), the Japanese schoolgirls start to wear black  pantyhose with their school uniforms at around 5C.  I was beginning to wonder how they can stand not covering their legs when I'm in a jacket with gloves and a hat on!

No comments:

Post a Comment