Thursday, February 10, 2011

Long Walk at Night

Last few days I have been walking quite a bit after school.  I don't have homework so I can.  Two days ago I walked to Motoyama Station (about 1.5km from university) then took the train home.  Yesterday i walked to Yagotonisseki station (the other direction on the same subway line - about 1.5km also).

Here is a view of some tall apartment buildings and a large hospital in Yagotonisseki:
 The subway station was empty so I took a picture:

Today I left school in the evening deciding to walk to see my (possible) future apartment.  I took a really bad route so it ended up being around 4km to the place.  The building looked very dead.  Only one light was on in the whole apartment building at 8pm.  Well... it's Japan so maybe that is not really that surprising.
The building with more of the street:
The other side of the street:

I was hungry since I didn't eat dinner at school so I walked around and on the next streets I found a nice Chinese restaurant and enjoyed some tasty mapo tofu which is very popular in Japan.  The one at the restaurant was also a bit spicier than the ones at the school cafeteria so it was tasty with some rice.  You can see the little bowl in the back with a dog's face:

Then, filled with tasty energy, I decided to just walk home - which was also about 3km or so.  A very enjoyable walk although my mapping program says it was closer to 9km in total.


Today's blog writing music is brought to me by Buono! - specifically the latest single's b-side "JUICY HE@RT".

No comments:

Post a Comment