Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day Snow

Today was Valentine's Day - my first one in Japan.  In Japan, women give chocolates to men on Valentine's Day.  It is the men's turn on White Day (March 14).  I got 3 chocolates from women today so that was exciting! One big one:

and two little ones at the school cafeterias.  Lunch:
 Dinner:
The one cafeteria was nicely decorated for today:

I went to school on my bike in the morning since it felt like it was nice.  Actually the ride was pretty nice.  Along the way I got a tea at a 7-11 and with it came a cute phone strap from this anime:
However, later in the day, it started to snow:
 The snowflakes were huge.  It finally started to accumulate.
 Roses in snow:
 It was above 0 so the snow was melting quickly making a huge slushy mess.  My shoes/feet got wet going home:
 Pretty snow.  Should be gone by tomorrow - hehe.

Also, I got one step closer to my new apartment - now hopefully the last stuff goes smothly!

No comments:

Post a Comment