Thursday, September 16, 2010

Bread

The bread here is actually amazingly good.  There is a bakery (or several) at the mall near me and they have some delicious baked goods.  Today before going to school, I bought a cheese bun which turned out to be corn, not cheese (that's what you get when you can't read).   Toast bread is packaged like this:
These are actually 4 slices (thick!) but you can get 6 or 8.  It was around $2.  The packages though look all similar.  It is quite amazing though - very delicious!  I got this specific one since I can get a miffy shopping bag (from my very poor understanding by buying like 15 of them until november...) which was advertised with this very cute commercial on tv :P.  I already have a miffy mug...so..
 or

I also bought some shampoo.  It took me a while to figure out what shampoos are until I realized that most of the stuff sold is refills in thin plastic bags.  I found some Pantene Pro-V which I suppose is the same as the one in Canada :P.  It also says shampoo in katakana on it.  Expensive though!  This container was around $9.
I also got some fruit that weren't ridiculously priced!  6 nice figs for around $3 and a small papaya for around $3.50.

4 comments:

  1. Looks good. Still think you should hunt out a farmer's market.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If fruit is expensive, how are vegetables?

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats not too bad for figs i don't think.

    i went to t&t in toronto once and am convinced asians have us beat for sweets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeee, love figs and great looking bike you bought there, congratulations! By now, I have also browsed through your bike trip pictures. Super cool : )

    ReplyDelete