Sunday, September 26, 2010

Trip to Outskirts of Town

Today I decided to do a slightly longer bike tour.  I basically headed north of where I live.  Along the way are a stream and a river.  The streets got a little bit confusing basically ending up on the main road along the stream which didn't have any room for bicycles so I crossed the road and biked on a very nice path along the stream - it would be nice to go on that farther (maybe next time).


The water was quite shallow.  At some point it changed from one side of the river bed to the other which looked very interesting.  It kinda reminded me of the Bow river in Calgary - it was like a fast shallow river.
In the large flood plain (I guess) for the river, there is a driving range!

The downtown Nagoya skyscrapers can be seen in the distance.
The river was quite a bit bigger and looked pretty.  You could also see the mountains in the distance.

 Hmmm beeeer...


The river is also the diving line between the Nagoya City district and the Nishikasugai District.  There was a nice sign saying the district name by the road.  Nishikasugai is also the location of the Nagoya Airport (the old airport before the new one opened up in recent years).
I rode a little bit into this district to get to the highway ring road that circles the main city of Nagoya.  Along the way I found another stream/canal.
The highway is quite high up in the air.


 There are a few levels of streets on this large intersection.  I walked around the bicycle/walk overpass and took some pictures of the area.
 The airport should be roughly in that direction not too far off.
I even found a dealer of old american cars!
Back at the river, there were some large birds in the water.

 On one side it was a driving range, on the other were baseball fields.
I noticed a shopping mall on the map so I went to find it.  It was just a 2 storey large supermarket but it had a few restaurants so I sat down for some tasty food.
Continuing on, I found some bamboo growing in a park or something.  Did not find any pandas!
I went through a railroad crossing.  Finally found one!  And it looked pretty much identical to the ones you always see on anime :P.
After I crossed it, there was a train going by.
The majority of traffic signs seem to be written on the roads.  This one reads 止まれ which means a stop sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment