Wednesday, September 8, 2010

First Typhoon

Survived my first Typhoon.  Wasn't bad - I guess Japan caught pretty much the end of it and it run a little north of Nagoya:
But it rained very very hard.  I had an umbrella I borrowed from my building and by the time I got to the train station (maybe few hundred meters) I was completely soaked.  However, towards the late afternoon, the clouds started to disappear and it stopped raining.

I had a chance to take a few pictures from my university building - mostly of the campus.
Covered bicycle parking:
From my windows at the lab I can see the Kyudo (Japanese archery martial art) practice place.  Sometimes I see people running in those interesting long skirts to pick up their arrows.
Caught the sun setting over downtown Nagoya.  The 3 towers in the middle are 3 of Nagoya's skyscrapers at or next to the Nagoya train station.
My dinner today (was tasty and for less than $5):
Night on campus - coming back from dinner.  Already so dark at around 6pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment